the co2 produced by the internet, from data centres all the way through to a tweet; is equivalent to that of the c02 produced by the entire airline industry. Yikes!
But what if we told you that eco web hosting makes our slice of the web building internet cleaner?
Here at Opturlo, we strive to achieve a cleaner digital operation. From eco web hosting to renewable electricity supplied to our home office; we know there is a long way to go to save the planet; but it’s a start.
This means all our;
- Charged devices (mobiles, tablets, random gadgets)
- LED energy efficient lighting
- Kettle & Kitchen equipment
- Anything with a switch…
IS POWERED FROM 100% RENEWABLE ENERGY
And it doesn’t stop there. We are committed to:
- Purchasing sustainable office supplies, made from recycled materials where possible, from the local town which we walk to (even in the rain)
- Avoiding fast food with associated packaging and walking to the local grocer
- Using tea bags that are biodegradable and coffee in glass jars.
- Recycling everything we possibly can, and making sure to purchase products that can be recycled after use.
- Sharing one car. Only using the car when Skype, whatsapp and public transport just won’t cut the mustard.
Could we do more? Of course. There is always room to improve.
We continue to review things like electric car transportation, solar power, eco build offices, water saving equipment, power distribution equipment etc.
Companies like the green web foundation also keep us in check, and if you think there is something greener we could be doing, we would love to hear from you.
Does it mean we are more expensive than an equivalent agency?
No. We believe eco is a work-life choice and not a price point. We choose green.